No Upload, No Icons, No Smilies, No Logo

Receive support for your free hosted forum from FreeForums.org

Moderators: Tech Team, Support Staff

TirionDarksoul

December 16th, 2016, 9:20 pm

I am aware of the move, and its near catastrophic effects on our forums, and that all will be well, BUT I wanted to make sure you knew I am one of the millions being affected by this, since you might not be able to fix an area you didn't know was having issues.

The attachments, signature, and avatar seem unaffected by this move, but the upload ability of the control panel has refused to work since the crash on the 2nd of Dec, and since then the Forum Icons, Site Logo and Smiley pictures are gone from both the control panel and the forum itself.

http://shadowhearthollow.freeforums.org/index.php

And yes there is supposed to be a forum picture on the non-member page.

TY for all you are working on here, I am looking forward to things being batter once the kinks have been ironed out!

~Tirion

Chrisw
Site Admin
Site Admin

December 18th, 2016, 1:43 am

Hello,

There is still a sync running to fix the images, can you let me know in a few hours if they have shown up?

Thanks!

TirionDarksoul

December 18th, 2016, 6:05 am

Currently, it has been three hours since your post, and while my site came back (was getting a white screen for a bit early this afternoon) the images I have listed above as missing remain missing in action, and now the avatar pictures have joined them. So far, I am missing more then I was before it started. I will check again in a few more hours and keep you informed.

PAUL23

December 18th, 2016, 9:49 am

Still gone chris ,the home page pictures , members avatar pictures, and Smiley pictures are gone from both the control panel
thanks paul

TirionDarksoul

December 18th, 2016, 11:03 pm

The upload feature worked long enough for me to get the logo back on the site, and while it does allow me to complete an upload without an error for the forum Icons, the Icons still refuse to show. I have refreshed the page several times now and still nothing.

~Tirion

Candlelight

December 19th, 2016, 5:25 am

I am having similar problems - where some images are concerned (just over the last 2 days) ...
On the Home page - In some of the Category descriptions the words 'Unread posts' appears before the category title link - and 'No unread posts' (where there is - or should be - a link). This is happening only in the categories where there is an image inserted in the description - and those images are not showing; the rest of them are OK.

PAUL23

December 19th, 2016, 12:50 pm

PAUL23 wrote:Still gone chris ,the home page pictures , members avatar pictures, and Smiley pictures are gone from both the control panel
thanks paul
Chrisw wrote:Hello,

There is still a sync running to fix the images, can you let me know in a few hours if they have shown up?

Thanks!
and a lot of members avatar pic's are missing and a few of the home page?.Image chris i would like to get the email sorted please
Image paul

PAUL23

December 19th, 2016, 1:22 pm

Smiley pictures are gone from both the control panel and my forum

any update on this chris please

RosieBVT

December 19th, 2016, 8:04 pm

One of my members has commented that she's had smileys and avatar pictures flashing on and off over the last few days. I haven't seen that, but various emojis from the smiley list are unavailable at any point in time. Not always the same ones, and not all of them. Also, my forum's gallery is no longer listed on my ACP or my personal UCP. The only avatars now showing are individual ones a couple of members have added in the last few days. On this post I'm not showing any of the support forum's smileys or font colors.

One additional thing I've noticed is that my setting to get an email notification when I've gotten a PM has not worked for several days. I've checked my UCP settings and it is set to notify me, so there seems to be an overall glitch there too.

Thanks for all the hard work everyone is doing. I have a hard enough time migrating one user from one computer to another, I can't imaging the logistics of what you've been doing ;)

Rose
http://midnightcastlefans.freeforums.org/
http://midnightcastlefans.freeforums.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TirionDarksoul

December 22nd, 2016, 7:07 pm

After the re syncing, I was able to get my Site Logo uploaded and it is still showing, but I am not able to get the Forum Icons to show up even though the cp upload claims to have completed the upload.

Chrisw
Site Admin
Site Admin

December 23rd, 2016, 1:52 am

I see your logo (and it's gorgeous). Are you sure you're not looking at cached pages?

TirionDarksoul

December 23rd, 2016, 8:08 pm

I am quite sure I am NOT looking at cached pages, since I have not only repeatedly cleared my cache to be sure that isn't the case, and I have tried several reloads and refreshes of the pages. I have also tried to resynce the forums one by one, no results, no change.

To be as clear as possible, the Forum Icons are NOT showing ANYWHERE, not on the pages and not in the Edit Forum pages for those forums. I have been trying to re-upload them since I was able to get the Logo Re-uploaded, and while the system gives me the "up-load successful" message, I have no results to show for it.

On the Dark Gate Forum page, that is viewable by everyone and anyone, there should be an image, and there is not, and to my knowledge I have tried everything on my end to force it to show up. This is true of all other forums that once had Icons, except I have not tried to re-upload them as often.

Chrisw
Site Admin
Site Admin

December 24th, 2016, 7:27 am

Sorry, my bad. I misread your post. I thought you said the forum logo is not showing, but it appears that it are the icons. Those are still being worked on. My apologies for the wait.

Candlelight

December 24th, 2016, 4:52 pm

My problem is exactly the same (re icons) - beautifully explained by TirionDarksoul above.
Good to know that it's being worked on. Thanks, Chris.

Also not been receiving notification emails recently informing of new posts made on my forum. I just discovered yesterday that these have been going into my Spam folder! I thought I had rectified that - but not [yet] received notification about the latest post on this Support Forum thread either (when I have ticked to be notified of replies posted here).

TirionDarksoul

December 24th, 2016, 6:06 pm

If its of any help, I don't know, but from the empty space where there should be a picture I was able to right click and copy the image location, which is a link that leads to nowhere, giving me a page that gives the following error:

This shadowhearthollow.freeforums.org page can’t be found

No webpage was found for the web address: http://shadowhearthollow.freeforums.org ... edIcon.jpg
Go to http://freeforums.org/
Search Google for shadowheart hollow free forums org download file
HTTP ERROR 404

Chrisw
Site Admin
Site Admin

December 26th, 2016, 7:13 pm

I posted an announcement here:
http://support.freeforums.org/viewtopic ... 1&t=135881

This is just a waiting game now, until the part arrives for the server that has the images :(

TirionDarksoul

December 26th, 2016, 9:05 pm

*does a happy dance* at least the source of the issue has been found! YAY!

Chrisw
Site Admin
Site Admin

December 28th, 2016, 7:11 am

TirionDarksoul

December 29th, 2016, 12:47 am

ImageImage
*does another happy dance* An ETA!!!! YAY!

Chrisw
Site Admin
Site Admin

December 29th, 2016, 4:18 am

Those penguins are in good shape!

HunterKiller

December 29th, 2016, 12:36 pm

It's been some time since I've had to report any issues but, there is definitely something wrong. I have no or, many Icons missing from my index board. Some show up but, most of where they were read, 'No unread posts.'

http://starsfreelancer.freeforums.org/index.php

Chrisw
Site Admin
Site Admin

December 30th, 2016, 6:49 pm

The icons will return. The technical team is waiting for a part to arrive to get the server back up. This should be any day now.

ElvisLady

January 2nd, 2017, 9:48 pm

I have the same problem, you please help it's been like this many weeks now.
http://ourelvisworld.freeforums.org/index.php

Chrisw
Site Admin
Site Admin

January 3rd, 2017, 2:48 am

I know it's been a while, and my apologies for that! Hopefully real soon now.

TirionDarksoul

January 6th, 2017, 3:23 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImage